Pre-settlement legal funding is a no-risk cash advance provided to personal injury victims pursuing a legal case. This means that plaintiffs can borrow money against their future settlements and, sometimes, judgments. Also known as lawsuit funding or lawsuit loans, a legal case advance is a non-recourse financing agreement which means that there is no further obligation to repay the advance if you don’t get a settlement or win the trial.
Pre-settlement legal case funding companies lend these advances because they think your case is enough to win and pay back the money.
- The first step is to apply either online or by phone at (888) 711-3599.
- Secondly, underwriting will analyze the legal merits and parties involved, the strength of your litigation, and the defendant’s ability to compensate for damages.
- You will. get approved or denied 24-48 hours later. If approved, you will get a legal case funding contract that can be sent via email, fax, or FedEx.
- Once you and your attorney complete the funding agreement, your cash will be sent to you within 1-2 hours on a business day before 3 pm (eastern time). If you fund your legal case after 3 pm (eastern time), then your moneyu will be sent the next business day
- An attorney must represent you to pre-qualify.
- Your attorney must consent and sign on the loan.
- You must be 18+ to request funding.
- Your case must be strong, and you must have a high probability of winning it.
- You must be suing a well-insured defendant.