Zantac is a popular medication prescribed to patients to decrease acid production. It was commonly used to treat ulcer disease, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and Zollinger- Ellison syndrome.
In 2019, it was discovered that Zantac contains an active carcinogen N-nitrosodimethylamine (NDMA). The NDMA is reported to develop different types of cancers.
Due to these reports, the drug regulatory authorities of the United States of America, the European Union, Australia, and some other regions of the world have ordered the manufacturers to withdraw their medications from the market.
This article will discuss the grounds for Zantac’s legal claim, the pre-requisite conditions that must be satisfied for a successful claim, the probability of success, and how pre-settlement funding may be available to Zantac victims.
What are the grounds for a Zantac lawsuit?
A Zantac lawsuit is a legal claim filed by people who took Zantac and developed cancer in the later stages of life.
The claimants in the Zantac lawsuit argue that Zantac manufacturers were aware of an active carcinogenic, i.e., NDMA, in the medication.
The Zantac lawsuit is based on two grounds:
- Zantac design is defective. Its active ingredients ranitidine is an unstable molecule, and it is carcinogenic.
- The Zantac labels did not provide any warning to the public about the presence of carcinogenic in the drug and the risk of cancer.
Claimants in the Zantac lawsuits may claim damages for medical bills, lost earnings, pain and suffering, mental illness, and other types of loss caused to the plaintiff.
Who qualifies for a Zantac lawsuit?
Although Zantac lawsuits are in the initial stage, there is no settlement reached in Zantac lawsuits.
However, three conditions have to be satisfied, if you want to have a successful claim in a Zantac lawsuit.
These conditions include:
- You will have to prove that you took Zantac or other ranitidine products. You will have to prove the use of Zantac by providing prescriptions, medical records, doctor’s notes, etc.
- The second important condition is the diagnosis of cancer. The lawsuit is based on the ground that Zantac contains carcinogenic NDMA; therefore, it is imperative to prove the diagnosis of cancer linked to NDMA. Reports have indicated that NDMA causes a variety of cancers. Some of the most commonly reported cancers associated with NDMA are bladder cancer, breast cancer, liver cancer, melanoma, ovarian cancer, prostate cancer, stomach cancer, esophageal cancer, and colon cancer. However, this is not an exhaustive list, and patients developing any other form of cancer may file a lawsuit.
- The third important condition to file a successful Zantac lawsuit is to prove that the medication has resulted in cancer. If you have a genetic history of cancer or you have been diagnosed with cancer prior to using Zantac, then you are not entitled to file a claim.
Cancer victims have to undergo severe physical pain, stress, and financial loss. It impacts the life of a patient, and the entire family is affected by this fatal illness.
If you or your loved one has taken Zantac and developed cancer, you should file a Zantac lawsuit. The treatment of cancer is very expensive and it will result in great financial stress.
However, lawsuits take an adequate amount of time to be finally decided by the courts of law or in an outer court settlement.
Zantac lawsuit pre-settlement funding
If you are struggling to pay for the treatment of cancer, or you are unable to pay for the basic amenities of life and you cannot wait for the final pronouncement of judgment by the court, you can apply for pre-settlement funding.
Upon approval, you will be able to secure personal injury lawsuit funding at any stage of the Zantac case to pay for your necessities and other amenities of life. You can concentrate on your treatment and recovery without taking financial stress.
Contact Baker Street Funding and claim pre-settlement funding without worrying about the end result of your lawsuit.
You are liable to repay the pre-settlement advance only if you are successful in your lawsuit and receive compensation for the injury caused to you. We provide flat interest with a 3 year capped rate.